Tennis Ball Recycling News
reBounces announces a partnership with Ace Surfaces and Advanced Polymer Technology (manufacturer of Laykold, official surface of the Miami Open since 1984) that will bring the world’s first complete all-tennis recycling solution for the more than 130 million tennis balls consumed every year in the United States. Tennis balls that have bounced their last on the court will now leave a legacy for the bounce of future generations of tennis balls as they can now be ground up and incorporated as a component in tennis court construction and resurfacing. And the surfaces are the best in the business, combining excellent playability with durability, while offering a shock-absorption that is unmatched, even by clay courts. You can read the full press release at tennisballrecycling.com
First Courts Incorporating Tennis Ball Recycling
Ace Surfaces will install the first of the Tennis Ball Recycling Courts at Tenafly Racquet Club in Tenafly, NJ at the end of August. Says Gordon Uehling, Founder and Managing Director of Tenafly Racquet Club, “We are extremely excited about the new Laykold Masters 5 courts we are installing at the Tenafly Racquet Club. We love being the first tennis facility in the country with tennis courts that are partially made out of recycled tennis balls. Those that find hard courts to be difficult on their hips, knees and back will be pleasantly surprised by the difference the surface will have on their body. We hope to see other clubs in the country follow our lead in making the sport more enjoyable while helping the environment”
Up to 10,000 tennis balls are incorporated into a single cushioned court surface and can provide a 21% force reduction. By lessening the impact traditional hard courts have on a player’s joints, these courts will extend the tennis careers of players of all abilities, protect young players whose bodies are not fully developed, and perhaps pull a few seasoned players out of a too early retirement.
Tennis Ball Recycling & You
Simply collect 200 or more tennis balls in one box. Fill out the request form – be sure to include email and phone. We’ll email you a pre-paid shipping label. Please complete form on this page.
Tennis Ball Recycling Video
Want to Recycle Tennis balls ?
Please join the nationwide tennis ball recycling movement!
- Send us the following information in the description field of our contact form OR recycle at rebounces.com
- Include your name AND shipping address
- Include the number of tennis balls per box OR the weight of each box you are sending….MUST be more than 200 tennis balls per box!
- While the tennis ball recycling program is free to join, we cannot currently accommodate small packages, however you can send them directly to us.
- FYI – Home Depot/Lowe’s offer an 18″ x 18″ x 16″ box for $1 that holds up to 325 balls
- reBounces will email you a prepaid shipping label so you can join the tennis ball recycling movement.
- Drop off the box(es) at any FedEx drop-off location
Click here to go to the RECYCLING LABEL REQUEST page. We’ll put them to good use and you’ll be doing your part to green the game.
Quick Fact — Rebounces began the First National Campaign to Recycle Tennis Balls in 2008!! We are the leader in “Eco Tennis”.